Feed the City's report Video
Feed the City Zimbabwe was launched in July 2018
As a community event that brought people from different backgrounds to prepare meals for people in need.
Our mission is to:
- Create awareness on the many faces of hunger.
- Feed those in need in our community.
- Create a launch pad to support the work of organizations and individualsadding value to vulnerable communities.
- create and run a pantry that supports the financially insecure in our community with meals on a monthly basis.
- Use social consumerism to create sustainable solutions in the fight against hunger.
The Organization of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP)
The Organization of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP) is an indigenous, culturally rooted movement for development. It was
founded in 1980 at Zimbabwe’s ascension to independence and
was registered in 1981 as a welfare (charitable) organization
dedicated to the promotion of rural development from the
perspective of grassroots communities in Zimbabwe. Currently,
ORAP covers four out of Zimbabwe’s ten provinces and these are
Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo, and Midlands.